The race is organised by The Seagull Sportive S.L. with the support of LaLigaSports and the Spanish Athletics Federation (Real Federación Española de Atletismo), and will be broadcasted live by LaLigaSportsTV. We want you to represent your team. The first edition of the competition will take place in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria on the weekend of May 22nd, 23th and 24th. We intend to turn the event into a meeting point for every team’s fan base and all the football and running lovers. United for a cause.
Two courses approved by the Real Federación Española de Atletismo will give more strength to the first edition of the Maratón Gran Canaria ’20 collaborates LaLigaSports, that wishes to bring the experience to other Spanish cities in the following editions. The 42 km are the main attraction and they can be run individually or as a four-runner team. But there’s more, a lot more. There is also the possibility of running half-marathon alone. Everything is conceived so that, from the first to the last enrolled runners, everyone can choose according to their preferences. Nobody will be left out. Neither will be the children, which we invite to take part in our kids’ race.
And, of course, there will be a big party in the starting and finish line, where a Fan Zone full of activities and a spectacular environment will be set. Team spirit and fun are guaranteed.
- Promote sport and physical activity.
- Encourage teamwork.
- Individual and team options: run in the way you choose.
- Your team colours: we encourage the runners to wear the colours of their favourite football team. It will be also possible to run with the colours of other clubs, your business, your city…
MARATHON TEAM RELAY
The teams are formed by groups of four people. The relay runners will change at the 10th, 20th and 30th kilometres.
Maratón Gran Canaria ’20 collaborates LaLigaSports is focused on the football fans of LaLiga and LaLigaSports teams and running lovers. Exist three modalities that include the following categories:
- Individual Marathon: men and woman
- Relay Marathon: men, woman and mixed.
- Half Marathon: men and woman.
MARATHON TEAM RELAY (42 KM)
- November 28th – January 31st: 60€
- February 1st – March 31st: 70€
- April 1st – May 23th: 75€
INDIVIDUAL MARATHON (42 KM)
- November 28th – January 31st: 50€
- February 1st – March 31st: 60€
- April 1st – May 23th: 65€
INDIVIDUAL HALF-MARATHON (21 KM)
- November 28th – January 31st: 25€
- February 1st – March 31st: 30€
- April 1st – May 23th: 35€
- City: tourism, culture, history, cuisine…
- Solid and well-known partners: LaLiga, RFEA, public institutions…
- Large target market: not only runners, but also football fans.
- Appealing the runners with official teams representing LaLiga clubs.
- Date: May 22th, 23th and 24st.
- Accessibility: adapted circuit for athletes with reduced mobility.
THE CITY: LAS PALMAS DE GRAN CANARIA
Set in the northeast of the Gran Canaria island, Las Palmas enjoys the perfect geographic location and weather. Tourism has been the driving force of the city, whose beaches of golden sand and crystal-clear water are an irresistible attraction for countless travellers. The cultural heritage, the nature sports, the traditional cuisine and the endemic landscape turn Las Palmas into a unique city full of life.
- Webpage: www.maratoncity.com
- Twitter: @MaratonCities
- Instagram: @maratoncities
- Facebook: Maratón Cities
- Vimeo: Maratón Cities